Do you exercise? If so, what do you do? How long do you do it?

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 3:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I dance whenever I find the time I also chase my son EVERYWHERE for fun not cause he's bad lol. Tag is a great way to loose weight.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes, I try to exercise 6 times a week. I generally workout for an hour (or a little bit longer than that) every day.

-2 days a week I run two miles and do upper body weight lifting
    -2 days I run two miles and do lower body weight lifting
    -2 days a week I run for 50 minutes
    -ABS about 5 times I week and sometimes I throw in the stair stepper for 10 minutes after my workout if I have extra energy.

It's a lot of work, but it gives me sooo much energy and makes me feel good.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 4:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes, i get up @ 5:50 & go to the YMCA 6 days a week, I don't have much time though. I can't run for too long because if my badly healed ankle, so i will run for 1 mile, then switch to the highest incline the treadmill will go & walk the rest of the way (total of about 40 min) I am hoping though that i can gain strength in my ankle, & run like i used to. Walking at a steep incline will REALLY get your heart rate up though, so it works just as good.

I work my arms, legs & back on the machines at the Y. I don't do any ab work yet, i still have a healthy roll that I'm working on getting off my tummy, so far so good. But i would like to take more of that off before i start working on my abs. Once i get to a point where one might be able to barely see my abs, then i will work on toning those up too.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• 30 minutes minimum of cardio 4-5 times a week (a variety of things so I don't get bored)

Total body weight training 3 times a week for about 30 minutes (ex. squats, lunges, bench press, curls, bent over rows, flies, etc.)
    sschneider

Answer by sschneider at 5:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I DO IT EVERY DAY, 30 MINUTES OF AEROBIC, FOLLOWED BY WEIGHT LIFTING ALTERNATING MUSCLE GROUPS LEAVING A DAY IN BETWEEN TO RECUPERATE, I LOVE IT!

Answer by older at 3:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I lift weights three times a week, and on the other days try to get out for a walk with my butterball son (17 lbs @ 4.5 months, lol) in the bjorn.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I do yoga for half an hour every night during the week. I take a break on weekends because we usually have them packed with family stuff and I don't have the time. I also walk my dog every evening (weather permitting), so I guess that counts too.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 2:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2009