what can help reduse stress???

i stay stressed out. i am so afraid it will hurt the baby. i have a five year old and i babysit a two year old and a five year old. i didnt think it would be this much on me. i dont want to quit my job. i am just looking for ways to reduce the stress.. i take hot baths at night . and i am trying to get them to go to bed early... my daughter is use to going to bed at 9 but the kids i watch wont go to bed til 12 or one and thats is me making them.. any suggestions??? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ask the parents of kids you babysit to help you set a new schedule for them if possible. You need the sleep momma.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You have to sync the bedtimes, preferably by talking to the mom. . It's impossible to make a child go to sleep but they can be awakened earlier. If she won't do that, you can insist that the 5 yo occupy herself rather than you having to entertain her. The two year old can be part of that. Have her spend time entertaining the two year old (all in your presence of course). Go through a bedtime routine with both of them at the same time so once the two year old is down, the 5 yo goes right to bed. If you must keep the job, I am thinking you have to keep the hourse they do because the parent is working nights and sleeps late in the morning. You could try keeping your children up later and getting all of you closer to their schedule too. It sounds tough even if your not pregnant.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i agree that you also need to talk to the mom and tell her that it is very hard on you to have 2 diff bedtimes and that's it's hard for you to stay up til 12 or 1am since you are pg.
    for stress relief, you could look into prenatal yoga. they have videos. it helps with learning to breath properly and gives you some great exercises that help open the hips up (which helped with my ligament pain). you can also get your SO to give you a back massage. reading can also help. here's a book you can read: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. i've just started reading this book, but it has some very good birth stories in it. you and your DD could go for walks together and have some quiet time together.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2009