should i stay or should i go?

me and my boyfriend have been together for about a year and a half. when we met i was working and he hadn't even had a first job yet (we're both 18) and when i had gotten pregnant he i spent way tomuch time driving him aroud and filling out applications, then about 5 days after our son was born he got a job working overnights at mcdonalds then quit after two days! i know he had lack of sleep but we had a new born who requires money to take care of him!!! i was so pissed and we fought about it everyday. then a friend landed him a job at a thrift store and its been about two monts and he came home fired! he claims it wasnt his fault but seriously how hard is it to keep a job!? we were finally getting fiancially steady and were even about to get our first place. our whole relationship i was stressed out over not having money and i dont wanna go through that again. i love him so much but dont know if i can hold on any longer.help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Only you know if you should stay or grow but honestly hun it sounds like the boyfriend has a lot of growing up to do, how hard is it to keep a job at a thrift store in all honesty?
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i meant go not grow lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would (if you could) move home with my mom or dad for a while. took a little break, so both of you could get stable. He has a lot of growing up to do.. you need to remind him that he has a family, and the baby needs things. give him a alermatium.. either he grows up or he will be alone, and then he will have to get a job to pay child support if he doesnt want to go to jail.
    love is wonderful and its a hard emotion to block out, but youhave a little one that you have to look out for. he/she needs you! and depends 100%on you.. talk it out with him..
    i went threw the same thing.. and at one point everything started to go great, but then it went right back and i woke up one morning and my baby had no milk and i had no money.... i said right them that my baby girl ment more to me than he did.... and now 6 years later he still cant/ wont keep a job and he owes me over 4 grand in child support.

good luck!
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 4:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You know there is a bad track record. You need to establish yourself again in the workplace. It will be hard but the stress of depending on him and hoping things get better, will be harder. Ask reliable family and friends for help in becoming independent. Then, you will be in a position to leave or go and be ok. He may not be up for fatherhood or caring for you. If you aren't married, there is no sense in handling it differently. You are still a single woman and your best decisions will be made when you can support yourself.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and know the meaning of responsibility... I would talk to him about this and tell him your concerns. If he does it again, you said that he has done it twice....I would be very concerned. You can not make it in this world with someone who can not hold down a job. Reach inside yourself and know that what is important to you can not be compromised.

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2009