what should i do or say to this person who is talkin s**t on me behind my back?

the other day i was at my friends house and one of her friends were also over their and i met her for the first time and with me i also had my two month old son. then today i went back over to my friends and she told me that her friend was basically talkin shit on me after i left, she was apperently saying i dont know how to care for my son because he has a condition wear his eyes water alot so he gets alot of eye yuckys in short periods of times because his tear ducts havent developed all the way yet (and thats my falt how?) and wont until he;s around three months and also bc he knows how to hold his head up! i dont know how thats a bad thing but she saidthat he shouldnt be able to do that yet, he was born holding his head up and the doctors told me that was a good thing! i really just want to confront her and then beat her ass but i know i shouldnt. how should i handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• 1st off it is a good thing your baby can do that already both of my kids were able to and 2nd of all I would confront, pull her into a corner and tell her you don't appreciate her rude remarks about situations she has no idea what is going on! Does she have any children? I hardly think it's right for her to judge whether she does or doesn't
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• dont let immature people bother you! you should ask your friend why she let her friend say so much about you,, and tell your friend to tell her that if she has something to say than be a woman and say it to you, and if she wont than to just keep her mouth shut. people talk shit because either they are jealous or they are so bored with their own lifes they have to get into others and start drama.. dont go beatin her ass. you are a mom now, take the upper road. but i would talk to my friend.. she should have told her to keep her opinions to herself and that she wont gonna let her talk about you..
    and it is a really good thing your son can hold his head up! my lil girl could hold her head up two days after she was born.. so dont let it get to you!

jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 4:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Nah don't go and get into a verbal and possibly physical fight over this. You are a Mama now and you have to practice letting somethings go. Let the other person continue to look ignorant, you just keep your cool. It is a good thing that he is holding his head up. She may have a little one that didn't hold their head up like that. Look at all the angles before judging a person. She could be jealous or having a hard home life and lashes out. Don't let it get to you, be the better person

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sometimes the way you say things can be the trick. Right now you want to confront her on an angry level, but, try another way.If you see her again, tell her "nicely" what is wrong with your son and at the end say something like "can you believe someone had the nerve to say I couldn't take care of my child" About him holding his head up, say and "can you believe he can hold his head up, I can't, but the docrtors think its a good thing." Say it all nicely and you will be letting her have it and telling her she is a bi^&* and she won't even realize it. You can call someone an a&& without actually coming right out saying it☺Then you can feel good about not "really being mean" because you have a friend in common.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Remember NEVER throw the frist punch thats assault but finishing its an entirely different matter
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Ignore it and ask your friend not to share those things with you. Continue being an informed, caring mother and leave that drama behind.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I say ignore it as well. We are adults and should act as such. She was probably just jealous.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Ignore it.  The people who know you, know the truth.  The people that listen to her aren't worth your time anyway.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2009