So my daughter has throwin up on some of her blankets. When I go to wash them I take them out of the dryer and they are stiff and hard does anyone have any advise on what to wash them with? I have tried different detergents and they don't seem to help can any of the moms out there help me on this one?

Washing infant blankets
Throwing up on blankets

Asked by newmommy102607 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dryel is the best baby detergent, but I would suggest rinsing the throw up so it doesnt sit there and dry

Answer by CookieMama at 12:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• if you want to make it not hard sook it and then wash it in hot water

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Ugh, Girl, My oldest likes to throw a hissy fit in his crib when he doesn't want to go to bed, ending up in puked on sheets, what I do is soak them in clorox 2 for colors, it gets the smell out, then wash in hot water with extra det. I have also used with success 1/2 baking soda, or 1/2 apple cider vinegar. Gets that nasty smell out, works great for hubbys smelly work clothes too. Also oxyclean works great too. HTH. Good Luck!

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 2:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Try some fabric softner?

Answer by vbruno at 10:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Try spraying Dreft stain remover & let it sit. Make sure you use hot water. Good luck!

Answer by krisstencarmela at 10:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2008