Spinoff from an answer: Do you like/recommend Redbox?

I have heard you should be weary of swiping your card (especially on a machine that isn't really monitored). But it looked so darn tempting the other day! My son convinced me to try it but they didn't have the movies we wanted.

Asked by Gigi1969 at 5:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• At first I LOVED them! I guess we were one of the few people using them- but now like you said they never have any good movies. Anyway we just rented a movie tonight using a promo code. I guess we felt it was okay since the movie is essentially free plus tax. Here's a list of promo codes...

We got BREAKROOM to work at a McDonalds Redbox.

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Um I don't know much about it, all I know is the last few days my husband has gone to one of them on post, so far nothing fishy has happend to our account...why would they say to be weary of that? When the charge came through on our account, it even had the company's phone number, that doesn't seem shady to me....

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 5:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Oh, the reason I say that is because I have seen on the news how thieves have replacedthe actual swiper with their own swiper and they read all of the cards. They then go back and get their swiper and get your info and take out all of the money from your checking account.

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We go there all the time! I LOVE REDBOX!!!

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Oh, try a pre paid debut card like the kind you get from wally world

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• What is Wally world? lol

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Wally World = WalMart. Everyone I know calls it that, lol.

I like RedBox, but DF and I both have gift subscriptions from NetFlix, so we don't go there anymore.

Answer by ThaMCE at 6:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Meh. It's really popular at our Wal-Mart, there's always someone there. The thing is, I hate that you have to return the movie the next day or they charge you. That's why I LOVE Netflix. We watch a ton of movies though, so Netflix works better for us. I don't like getting the baby dressed and in the car just to go out and do one thing.

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We used to rent from redbox all the time, it's a lot cheaper then going to the video store and we never had a problem with it.

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I love blockbuster on line. We get movies in the mail and can return them to the store to get a new movie. I find the system to be very flexible and convenient. No late charges ever! and we watch enough movies to get our $18 a month worth -- especially in the winter.

I don't like Redbox bc you have to rush back the next day to return it....which I just cannot always work out.

Answer by Niki_sd at 7:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2009