What are these bumps?

My 2 year old son has several bumps on his head which he scratched so they have puss and some are scabbed over I know he does not have lice for a fact but what could these be? Should I make a doc apointment for him

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 6:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like there is infection and bleeding so I would take him to the doctor. He could have an underlying skin condition like eczema or they could be misquito bites he has been scratching and you know what kind of germs are on the hands of kids. At the very least, he is itchy so I would want to know how to clear it up.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would call the doctor and make an appointment, this could be something serious or even contagious!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would take him to the doctor for a culture, it can be a simple rash, bug bites, or something more serious such as herpes....if anyone in your family gets cold sores they could spread and pop up on odd places!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2009