Why do people go to church?

Is it just for fellowship?
Or for education?
and do you have to go tochurch to be religious? or does it just help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think people go to church for many reasons, some right and some wrong! However I go to church for fellowship, learning, and to help others!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Church is for fellowship, learning and being around like minded people. You don't have to go to church to be a believer, but it helps you to learn more about God and what he expects from us.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I go to church to worship. But I can also worship from anywhere, so I don't believe it's necessary to go to church. It is nice to go and hear the word of God. It's a good way to start the week.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think that many people go to Church for many reasons. My mother for instance hates church, but goes 3 times a week because that is a huge part of her beliefs. She sees it as making time for God. She says that if you can't make time to visit God at his house, he won't make time to visit you at yours.
    My Aunt on the other had loves going. She is looking to start dating soon (she's 19) and trys to spend as much time with the people from her church in order to find canidates for dating and eventually marriage.
    My great grandparents were devout, they went to church every day for mass. They felt that being in church was the only way they could be with God, and that was important to them.
    So, I think the reason is different from person to person. I'm not Christian, I see no point in Chruch, but I still make time to go to a "special" place and spend time with my Goddess. So, in a way, I do have a church, it'sjust not brick.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• some ppl because they have to....family tradition....

some to find hope.....

some believe they have to for salvation....

some its like another family to them
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• yes to all of the reasons listed.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• And how has all of this worked for you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My husband works in the Church and sees and hears many different reasons and excuses for either coming or not to worship. I believe that our world and way of life is so hectic that when you go to church it gives you a sense of peace and time to concentrate and focus on God and God alone. I will go and sit in the church when it is empty and just reflect, it is very peaceful.
    amishmama

Answer by amishmama at 10:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My husband didn't go to church for the first 20 years of our marriage. He started going to church and enjoys going to church now. i don't think he is any more religious than before, but his exact words were, "I feel good when I go."
    Anonymous

• Because Mommy and DAddy told them to their whole lives so theyve been indoctinated into thinking that going to church gives you an everlastng life with invisible sky-man.
    Anonymous