Ok, here's a good one - but you'd be aging yourselves......

Anyone remember "Dark Shadows" - my all time fav.

How about "Dippity Do"? My mother used to use that w/bobbie pins (pin curls) that we slept in, for school pic., then we'd get to school, & they would give each of use a black comb, I'd say, "Are you serious?" My hair didnt move, but hey, the curls wold have stayed in for weeks, if I didnt wash it.

Then when we'd get home from school, we had to go pick the bobbie pins out of our beds...............

tornado1

Asked by tornado1 at 7:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I remember pin curls, LOL. I'm gonna do my daughter's hair like that one of these days, she wants to know what it's like.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We use to use dippity do on the horses' tails when we braided them before a show. I love it when I say something about Sly Stone and people say, "Who?". After 9-11, my sophmores wanted to nuke whoever did the act. I reminded them that nuking was an option but to remember that it only took the ashes from Mt. St. Helens 13 days to circle the earth and get back where it started. They wanted to know what Mt. St. Helens was. I also remember cartoons only where on only on Sat. mornings from 8 until 12 and Disney was the special treat on Sun. nights.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I never had pin curls, but for my kindergarden pic my Busia...Grandma in Polish, wet my hair and then she and my mother tied long strips of "rags" from top to bottom on thinck strands of my hair. I hated sleeping on all those knots. When it was time for the rags to come out it left my long blonde hair in ringletts that were very pretty....I didn't think so at the time, I remember being so mad I had to sleep with all those knotted strips of old sheets in my hair. I too remember sat a.m. cartoons ending at noon and then we would actually go play!
    My DH and I were talking about Michael Jackson death, I looked at my 3 yr old and though, he will never remember a world where MJ was alive...life is funny.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I've heard of pin curls and DippityDo, but they weren't used on me.
    Remember those black wire curlers with the bristles inside of them? My mom would do up my hair at night in those, put a hair rag on my hair and I would have to sleep on those darn things until morning. Talk about pain! She liked to put my hair up in pig tails and have them curly, especially for school pictures.
    I can remember her using a curling iron on the little hairs around my face to make them into tiny curls when the rest of my hair was done up for a dance recital. I had so many burns on my head from that.
    I remember Mt. St. Helen's, too! I remember a friend of mine had a small vial of ashes from there that were being sold...lol.
    It is true about cartoons ONLY being shown on Sat mornings and Disney movies on Sun nights. We had only 3 tv channels that we had to switch by hand. I think there was a UHF and VHF dial, too?
    8-tracks and record players!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009