Are you willing to pay?

White House senior adviser David Axelrod said the president won't rule out a health care reform bill that includes a middle-class tax hike.

"The president had said in the past that he doesn't believe taxing health care benefits at any level is necessarily the best way to go here. He still believes that," Axelrod told me on This Week, "But there are a number of formulations and we'll wait and see. The important thing at this point is to keep the process moving, to keep people at the table, to the keep the discussions going. We've gotten a long way down the road and we want to finish that journey."

Are you willing to "pay" ?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 8:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. I am against NHC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Less Opportunity in America= Rewards of Labor taken from one to provide FREE for another....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think we need AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE FOR ALL. Not government run health care.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes, we need health care reform and I'm willing to pay. We have a real health care crisis on our hands over 50 millions people do not have health care insurance. Many people have to decide between food or medication. We need health care that isaffordable, easily accessible, and without compromise to quality.

We need to put a cap on malpractice. We need to allow doctors to do their jobs, without fear of getting sued causing doctors to practice defensive medicine, such as ordering unnecessary tests.
    We need to cut medical costs, that everyone can have insurance. No one should lose their retirement savings due to health care expenses. No insurance company should be allowed to deny you coverage.
    We need to find ways to cut medical costs. lts crazy that one tylenol costs $7.00 in the hospital!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Health care reform does NOT mean univeral health care. Our health care system is broken and it needs to be fixed.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Since we already pay for our own insurance I don't see why I should have to pay more. We are not a burden and contribute more out of our income to taxes than many. I have 10 children to pay for and raise maybe Obama and Congress should forfeit their own pay and compensation packages then maybe I would be willing to give more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Grandmarga, if you are will to pay more, feel free to pay for MY health insurance! We pay about $8000 a year. I take checks. LOL
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

Right!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree with Grandmarga!
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 10:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The Canadians don't want us to go towards a National Health Care system. They come to the US for their health care needs. If we have NHC, they have no where to go. They have NHC and it is horrible. We need to learn from the mistakes of others.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2009