Trapped!

I moved with the father of my son to NH, this was a year and a half ago, I was a stay at home mom until last month, I might have gone out once a weekend when he got to go out when ever he wanted, when i got upset he said "You should be happy that i have a life and not mad that you don't" Well he stopped going out as much but he still goes out ALOT with out me, I have yet to make any friends of my own so i'm faced with: go out with him and his friends or don't go out at all. because i'll be alone and that is not fun. I'm not happy and I've tried to tell him that but i don't think he really gets it. What should i do what should i say? I don't think he put me in this situation on purpose but he's not doing anything to help remedy it. When we go out it NEVER fails we end up hanging out with his friends. if i want to do something different he complains that he doesn't feel like it or something. If any one can help please, i need it

DragoFly

Asked by DragoFly at 8:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Be one of the guys for a while, hanging out with your hubby and his friends can't be that bad can it? Besides, you may wind up in a place that you meet a new friend. You can't do that sitting at home. Be a little more independent.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Well in order to meet people and make friends you need to start going out. Have you tried going to playgroups with your son and meeting other moms? Or other places to meet people--- a gym/health club, church... maybe sign your son up for some activities at the YMCA- like tumble tots, mommy and me swimming (depending on how old your son it)- and then you can meet other moms that way. Ask your man if his friends can bring THEIR wives/SO along and all of you go out together. Maybe you can be friends with their women-- and then have 'girls nights out' when the guys go out.
    good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Why does HE need to help you? YOU need to help you! Go out and make friends. Go to www.meetup.com and make a profile. There are tons of different groups in your area.. girl groups, family groups, hiking groups, moms w/kids groups, etc. I did that in NY and then when I moved to TX. Made a couple of really nice friends. You said you have a job now? Ask a co worker to lunch. Take your child to the park and meet moms there. Join a NH group on CM or start one, set up playdates or Mom's night out. Go online and see if there are any classes you can take, like karate, or pottery, or join a gym and meet people. Make you're own life, don't wait for your husband to help you.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 10:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2009