Have you ever selected someone with an opposing view point as best answer in this category? Just because you don't agree doesn't mean their answer wasn't well thought out and well posed right?

I have, because I enjoy respectful discourse. Do you just choose people that are on the same line in the spectrum as you are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think you have to agree with them to concede that they've made an articulate point. Some of the moms on here are very bright and are interested in a respectful debate. Their contributions are always welcome wether I agree or not. I will not choose a best answer from someone who is condescending or rude even if they agree with me and are poking their fun at the other side. I feel like it just makes the debate more heated which is crazy because a lot of these topics can get heated enough without that sort of behavior!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't ask many questions (I prefer to read, and sometimes contribute to, the debates), but if someone really stopped me in my tracks with their logic and reasoning thus persuading me to agree with them, I would surely choose their answer as best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I have. It usually depends on the question.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I have. I don't know if it was in this category. When I ask for information about an opposing opinion I do want someone to explain. That's the best answer.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I have
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• A well thought out answer is a good answer no matter what the point of view. I think that finding the other side of an argument when well stated to be very compelling even if it doesn't sway me. I appreciate the position.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Well, I havent asked too many questions but on the ones that I have asked, I usually pick an answer that, well....answers my question in a respectful, concise, and articulate manner. She might have brought up points that I hadnt thought of or even challenged me a little bit and thats fine. She gave me good constructive criticism and actually answered my question. Thats who I will pick. If she flat out disagrees with me, then I wont usually pick her answer, but I am more concerned about someone sticking to the question at hand and being respectful more than I am about her agreeing with me. Too many answers go off on their own agenda rather than just answer the question.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Well, of course. We are here to discuss differences, right?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The only answers I exclude from my best pick are anonymous answers.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2009