Freaking out a little, yes or no?

We have been trying to get pregnant for months and months now; I have one son who also took a long time to conceive. I've been feeling a bit off for a while now but I haven't tested because I've wasted so many tests in my time testing every time I feel a bit queasy or tired or whatever. This morning my son came to me and asked me about his sister in my belly. Very freaky! I decided to test since I had a test in the drawer. It came back with a line in the window but it looks weird, seems to actually be a lighter line on a darker background. Almost looks like an evaporation line but it showed up with 3 minutes which evaporation lines don't do.

I guess I don't really have a question, just need some words of wisdom. I'm going to go buy a fresh test today (this one has been in the drawer for a while, best before August) and try again tomorrow but right now I'm freaking out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my son, at the age of 3, did the same! i was not even thinking about getting or being pregnant again. he put his hand on my belly and said "theres a baby in there." i brushed it off but later that day i got to looking at the calander and sure enough i was a week late!
    kids are amazing!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think young children are highly intuitive, and he may know something you don't! Good luck.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 9:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My daughter has refered to her "sister" twice and has tried to listen to the baby in my stomach. She said I could name the baby the same name she has....I am pregnant but she does not know yet. We have not announced it!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The best way to test is with a digital test, they are about the same price and will never leaving you guessing!!!
    arkemp

Answer by arkemp at 11:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My 2.5 yr old has been calling her 2 fav dolls 'baby sister' and 'baby brother' from past few weeks. It was right about the time I found out I was pregnant and we haven't told her anything about it. I thought may be she saw something about sister/brother in her cartoons or something. But now if I think about it , it is weird.
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 2:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2009