err...I think Im over reacting

Have any of ya'll been worried about how all the attention will be directed away from you after pregnancy?
Im going to love it,I hate the way every1 is all worried about me and every1 is telling me what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I LOVED when the spot light was off of me and on to my son! People kept saying "Oh you're going to hate it when you walk into the room and people only talk to your baby." NOPE! I love not being the center of attention. He's 11 months and it's still working out very well :)

It is weird when strangers come up and start talking to my baby though. They're like "How old are you? What's your name?" and I have to talk for him. It's just odd.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Pregnancy and child birth are part of a special sisterhood of women. Those who have been through it often, but not always, of course, enjoy offering suggestions and tips to the new mom-to-be. Take the suggestions with this in mind and maybe they won't make you feel so uncomfortable. LOL! You'll know not to do the same to your friends and relatives in the same situation, since it bothered you so much. :) Best wishes to you!

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I could honestly care less, I dont like being fussed over and would much rather be forgotten. The baby however can be showered with attention and loved by all.. I'd just rather not be in the spot light.
    - HOWEVER-

it all gets worse once the baby is born because everyone trys to touch the baby and tell you what to do everytime the baby sneezes or makes any sound what-so-ever.

My youngest is 5 months old and my oldest 3.. everyone will have an annoying or "helpful" story or advice about the next stage in your childs life.. my advice, carry a squirt gun key chain and just start shooting people who give you advice lol maybe if they think you're crazy they will leave you alone
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• on my side of the family i get no babying. My moms just like "ur pregnant not cripple" but my dfs side of the family doesnt let me do anything. we were helpng them move and i wasnt even allowed to move some clothes. I was so annoyed
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Dom123123 - dido! I wasn't sick; I wasn't impaired, and every other person in the world can do exactly what I was doing. I worked until the due date with all three. When I was pregnant with the 2nd son, I had a 2 year old to chase after, pick up and sit on the floor to play with. Being pregnant doesn't make you something special to be made over and coddled.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• By the time I had my 5th I was pretty much ignored lol. Even at the hospital, the staff took kind of an "oh she's got this" attitude, and pretty much left me to myself. My friend would have to flag nurses down and ask for things because they did not pop into my room constantly like they do with first time moms.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• zoejain hahaha. I like the water gun idea. I might get one the next time we go to the store. But I don't like the spotlight on me anyhow. The only thing I don't like is when someone just talks to my son the whole time when they actually came over to visit me and see how I was doing. Just ask me how I'm doing and I don't mind after that LOL
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 10:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I never minded it at all. I always looked tired and frumpy so when other people noticed and praised my children I felt it a positive reflection on me on my worst days. :) Did that make sense?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• the part I hate is hoe everyone looks at me all sympathetic and asks how I am feeling, like I have a terminal disease or something! I am not ill, I am growing another human being. So yes, I am tired, certain smells make me gag, and I have the craziest dreams ever, but could they at least say it positively?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009