Any suggestions to help my 8 month old sleep longer than a 2 hours at night? He falls asleep very well now, in his own crib, but still gets up very often.

arocks

Asked by arocks at 9:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you bottle feeding? If so is he taking a bottle to sleep? If o I would say that would be it! I kept my son on the bottle till 16 months, and as soon as he came off he started to sleep longer!! Try keeping him up 30 minutes later and see if that helps!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I BF, but have started having my husband give him a bottle before bed and it still doesn't make a difference. I'll try keeping him up a little later tonight.
    Thanks!
    arocks

Answer by arocks at 11:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• If he used to have a bottle at night until recently, then he might be getting up to eat, which at 8 months, is not really necessary anymore, if you ask me. Not if he is full when he goes to bed anyway. Offer him some water and put him back down. It might take a few days, but he will get the message.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 11:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree with the water but I also did the cry it out method. She would wake up and cry 5-6 min tops and fall back asleep. 4 days later she didn't wake up at all.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Thanks. He is usually breastfeed but I have recently tried to have my husband give him a bottle to see if that changed anything. He nurses (and not always a full nursing) around 7:30, so I feel that one feeding during the night is ok since I'm not absolutely sure he ate enough. Sometimes I'll just pat him and he goes right out.
    arocks

Answer by arocks at 1:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2009