2 year old's breakfast.

What are some different ideas for breakfast for a 2 year old? My son just doesn't seem to want anything I offer. I've tried cereal, hot and cold, eggs, toast, fruit, just about everything I have in the house. I'm not much of a breakfast person. Could he just take after me? He will eat eggs sometimes, but not always. The only foods he really likes are potatoes in any form and fresh veggies. I'm going to the grocery store this morning and want to pick up some new things to try. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try waffles and pancakes or french toast
    pb toast is good too
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 9:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Cut french toast into strips (or Eggos makes them like that already) and put a little syrup on the side for your little one to dip it into. Extra points if you add peanut butter to warm syrup.

Offer dry cereal in a little baggie with a cup of milk on the side.

Yogurt comes in all kinds of kid friendly shapes and sizes. Let her dip bite size pieces of fruit into it.

Soft boiled eggs, sprinkled with a tiny bit of salt is a fave around here.

I give my two year old chewable vitamins every other day (as per pediatrician recommendation) Ask your's if it's something that would benefit your child's diet.

Good luck! I know how hard it can be sometimes.

happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• hash browns, fruit and cereal bars granola and yogart
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My dd picks at her breakfast sometimes too, but just keep offering the healthy stuff you are. They do slow down eating a little at this age, so it may be sporadic. It's just important to make sure what they do get to eat is good for them.

Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• mini waffles with yogurt instead of syrup - my daughter loves dipping them
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 2:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2009