How to get air to my rear facing baby?

Is there any special fan you can buy or something to get air to a rear facing baby? None of the air vents hit her and every time we get her out of the car, she is drenched in sweat, even though we have tinted windows and the air all the way down.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 9:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they make clip on fans that plug into the cigarette lighter in the car. Check in the automotive stores.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You could roll down the back windows until the air catches up with the rest of the car.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Start your car before you get in to cool it down
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Point your air to the top of the car and blast it and it should get to her
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• At Walmart I found battery operated fans with foam blades. They clip on to something and the "stem" you can position in any direction (wire inside). If they reach up and grab the blades, nothing happens other than they stop the fan.

They put out a pretty good breeze, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree with Ami, that's what we do. That or turn the AC on the defroster vents so it blocks up and back.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I point the air vents up and turn the air on full blast. I have to be careful though, his little hands and feet were actually chilled the other day. And it was a pretty hot day so I know this works! I wouldn't use any type of clip on fan, it could injure your child if you were in an accident.
    M110402

Answer by M110402 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009