Hi. i was wondering if any of you mums have any advice on trying to get pregnant

hi i was wondering if you mums out there had any tips or just some advice for me as me and my fiance are trying for our first child. i already spoke to one mum and she gave me a few tips about falling pregnant.

it would be very grateful if you could help.

many many thankx in advance

charmayne

Charmayne

Asked by Charmayne at 10:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Look online for a ovulation calendar where it has you put the first day of your last period and then it'l calculate the days you are most fertile and then you can have sex on those days to better the chances. The month that I finally got pregnant, we had sex like every other day and I made sure I laid there for like 15 minutes afterwards with a pillow under my butt to elavate lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Exacty what the previous poster said! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Charting (especially cervical mucus and basal body temperature) is the best thing to do. There's not much room for miscalculation there like there is with the ovulation calculators (your body isn't a clock and won't do the exact same thing every month). The best (free) website I've found is www.fertilityfriend.com, it's got lots of great info about charting and can even help you interpret your chart. Also, the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a good one to read. Good luck!

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My advice is not to try so hard, enjoy sex with your husband. It can take average couples to conceive a year or so. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• try this web site i'm useing right know it's www.yourdays.com
    Anonymous

• Have your guy eat lots of garlic. It is supposed to promote strong and healty sperm. Worked for us every time :)
    Anonymous

• Track your cycle, have lots of sex about 2 weeks after your periods first day and dont stress! This is supposed to be fun!
    qwertykat

Answer by qwertykat at 4:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009