is theri anything special that i have to do for a 13 mnoth old going on a airplane?

we are going on a plane ride and i want to know how to deal with the aire pressure for her.

Davina07

Asked by Davina07 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Travel

• Have a bottle or pacifier handy.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Or try a wet washcloth for her to suck on. My son has been on 5 flights so far and his ears have never seemed to hurt him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree with the poster who said bring a bottle or pacifier (or sippy cup/breast whatever she might suck on). Another option might even be to bring lollipops for her to suck on during take off and landing. My daughter will be 18months when we travel and I know she'll be too distracted to nurse or drink from a sippy cup so I'm bringing lollipops just for those times
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• tylenol 1 hour before take off
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Why tylenol? That is just crazy- giving your child a drug just so they sleep??

Anyway, I would just make sure you have some "new" items to entertain her throughout the flight. Maybe even just grab a couple of things from the dollar store and wrap them up as presents, to give to her as she gets unhappy. Along w/ something to suck on during take off/ landing. Lollipops are a great idea.
    cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009