Can't find the right make up

I have deep pores, scaring from acne, adult acne, freckles, and redness....ugh! I have been using Loreal visibly even. It works the best so far but it fills in my pores and makes them more noticable. I use a nice primer, but it still does this. I am so tired of spending money to try things out!! Just curious if there are any others out there going (or have gone) through this with tips for me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• maybeline airbrushed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Have you tried mineral make up? If you don't want to spend a lot of money try the one from avon here is a link click shop now and click makeup and it will let you browse through what is available.

www.youravon.com/jmichel
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• you could schedule a makeover at a place in the mall and see which ones you like. Mary Kay has samples. my friend has large pores and she like Origins cause it doesnt break her out. They will let you put it on if you have a store near you.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• to help with minimizing pores would be the best place to start, and maybe it will help you find the best foundation for you more easier and quicker.......I use a product line bought at SEPHORA called BOSCIA. it is all natural and what I find to be their most AMAZZZZZING product is the CLARYIFYING MASK. After just one use you can see the difference and smoothing of your skin due to it minimizing your pores greatly. Anytime you have a blemish, coming on or full blown you can put a dab of the mask on before bed and just leave it on or rub it in for over night and by morning that pimple will be gone. and if it doenst completely get rid of it if it happens to be a realllly bad break out, i can promise you this product will come darn near close to cleansing the blemish and it will be 95% better than it was before you went to bed the night before. It almost instantly reduces almost all redness, and can be covered easily w make up.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Visit a Sephora and explain your situation. You're looking for a pore minimizer? IDK In a store like Sephora you can sample certain products. NEVER buy makeup online or through a catalog without an extensive product review! Going into stores, it's easier to return your product and less likely to worry that someone is trying to make a sale than actually help you.

You might get away with using a moisturizer for oily skin and a foundation primer...both can be sampled.

PLEASE get yourself a day and night skin regimen that includes a toner (normal witch hazel will work), an oil control moisturizer, and a gentle cleaner. Once or twice per week, try exploitation! Try to stay away from things with harsh chemicals. Go onto YouTube and find home recipes. They are fun, less expensive and more beneficial than a lot of things you'd find in stores or someone's website.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 7:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Mary Kay ladies will do a free makeover for you. give it a whirl, it's fun! here is their website just click on find a consultant http://www.marykay.com/
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The problem is not the makeup it is your skin care. You need to have a good cleanser, toner, mask, and moisturizer and you will be able to wear a good make up not a cheap one. Cleanse twice a day, mask your face 2 or 3 times a week, toner twice a day, and moisturizer twice a day. I sell Artistry and we have a product called clear.now. It is for oily skin and it works.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Start with a primer Magix Face Perfector. It will keep you from being oily and minimize the looks of pores. It works really well. I'd suggest the mousse foundation. Its good full coverage and will help hide the problem areas. I have acne prone skin and both of these have been life savers for me. You can try them at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• MAYBELLINE HAS NEVER DONE ME WRONG!
    noel24

Answer by noel24 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have issues also, dry spots, freckles, etc.... I use the MAC line and its always extreamly important to use a good skin care regiem. Do the whole 9 yards, cleansing, moisturizing and keep wipes for when you are working outside because of enviromental hazzards that can be harmful to your skin. Always use a good sunscrean.
    jjross

Answer by jjross at 12:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009