yeast infection questions...please help!

Hello ladies- so this is embarrassing for me even though I KNOW yeast infections are common for women. I just can't help but feel weird about having one.
So here is my question- I have a yeast infection- I found out yesterday, also yesterday morning I started antibiotics for a bladder infection- I have heard that antibiotics can CAUSE a yeast infection- so do I wait a few days before buying medicine for the yeast infection, or do I just get something for it now? Will I have to treat it again since I will be on the medication for about 2 weeks?
Also- what is the BEST medication out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Health

• CHLORTRIMAZOLE is the best thing out there. You find it in the antifungal section at the pharmacy of Walmart. Yes, antibiotics can cause yeast infections, but I would start the Chlortrimazole now. It should clear it up within a few days.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Call your doctor...you can get a pill for it (can't remember the name) it usually clears up within 48 hours. If you can't take it due to the other medicine then go to the store and buy Monistat.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes, antibotics can cause yeast infections. Monostat 1 is good. Treat now. Also, eat yogurt. The bacteria in yogurt helps with yeast infections.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 12:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I use wal-marts brand of Monostat its just as good and I have one now and started using the medicine yesterday and I already feel better but you should call your dr to see what they tell you or a nurse hotline they can help you too
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2009