Push Toys

I want to get my 10-month-old son one of those push toys. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One that offers sounds, and can be pushed or ridden on. My kids are way too old for those toys anymore, but those are the ones they liked.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 11:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We have one that folds down into a car... he doesn't need to push it anymore since he can walk but it's still fun for him because he can ride it
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I have one for my 10 month old but it's not heavy enough because when he pushes it it goes too fast and he ends up falling so I'd get one that's a little bulkier like the ones they can also ride on.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• something simple with as few bells and whistles will help them walk faster
    something with multiple stages (ie push and ride on toy) will make it a better value
    something with lights and noises will get their attention and will be played with more (but probably not as a push toys so much)

My daughter really didn't use her push toys as much when little but pushes, pulls, and rides on it now at 2 years. She did like being able to pull up on it more so than pushing it. She would pull up then walk around to the front (it is a lion) and push the nose and dance to the music. So even a stationary heavy toy that your child can walk around and pull up on would be good.
    Anonymous