Im 15 weeks pregnant I feel very dizzy and feel very thirsty what do I do ?

Ive been feeling super thirsty during this time, my doctor told me to drink gatorate to get electrolytes. Ive been dong so yet I still feel dizzy and very thirsty the hotter it gets the worst I feel. I dont even go out scared I might pass out and freak my kids out. I dont know what to do .... Have not felt like this w/ my other pregnancies

ehall13

Asked by ehall13 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had to stop eating anything with sugar in it- I was feeling the same way, also drink more water than you can stand :) get a BIG water bottle and keep it filled with ice and water to help. Also- let your Dr know how you are feeling at the next checkup- but try getting rid of sugar for a day and see if that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• its def the heat taking its toll on you.drink a lot of water n if your doc told you to drink gatorade do that to.have candy with you always so when u feel dizzy suck on it it really does help.dress in as little as possible so your body doesnt get overheated.you can even try getting one of those portable mini fans n if you go out stay in the shade.always have ice cold water.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Drink water. You could be dehydrated.

Answer by louise2 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• o yea n i hope you feel better
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Listen to your doctor! Load up on the Gatorade, Powerade -- just don't go for the sugar-free calorie free diet stuff because they can actually trigger production of insulin and it will make your body burn the sugars you need, causing you to be dizzy. Also keep a nice high carb snack. It doesn't or shouldn't necessarily be calorie or sugar dense, (remember high ups equal low downs!) but something healthy or good like an orange or banana. Bananas are good because of the potassium and when you are low on that you can sometimes feel light headed weak or dizzy. I often drink Revive made by Vitamin Water and I feel better, my local grocery market makes an off-brand that is about half the cost and it's pretty close on flavor.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Have you been tested for anemia?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• in the first trimester dizziness may occur because theres not yet an adequate blood supply to fill your rapidly expanding circulatory system...high levels of progesterone cause your blood vessels to relaz and widen increasing the flow of blood to your baby but slowing the return to you less blood flow to you means lower blood pressure and reduced blood flow to your brain which can contribute to that light headed dizzy feeling...also your blood sugar may be low so while drinking water and gaterade is good it may not be enough, try to eat more protein and complex carbs at every meal and carry snacks with you trail mix a piece of fruit a granola bar or some soy chips ...thank all of this helpful informantion on What to Expecting when Expecting hope it was helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Thank you for all the advice I feel a bit better today, but still have momnets where I just want to pass out. I just rest n relax n begin to feel better.
    ehall13

Answer by ehall13 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2009