What are some good foods to pack while driving to PA???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Are you the same person who posted the walmart question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Umm no im not!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would get a cooler and some ice and pack bread. and lunch meat.
    Snacks, apples,granola bars.

Answer by louise2 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Depends on how far you are going in the car. Do you just need snacks or meals? We ususlly just get snacks, but then its less than three hours for us when we go home. My mom used to do the cooler, with sandwiches but think of it like any picnic. You could have fried chicken or ham, potato salad, etc. if you stop to eat along the way. My kids are older, so they usually want things like Pop Tarts, etc. Remember nothing too sticky or juicy that's going to get all over them, if they are younger. Bananas are always a good choice for fruit, as some kids won't eat whole apples and they can get pretty juicy. If you aren't stopping, remember to pack everything already individually portioned. Also for sandwiches, remember some of the convienent stores make sandwiches made to order to go. Like Sheetz and BP.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• THANKSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• On road trips we always pack some bread and or bagels, peanut butter and sometimes some honey. Then we have chips, granola bars, apples and nuts, like almonds. I try not to pack any chocolate as it just melts in the heat and we really don't need it. If we are staying overnight I pack microwave popcorn.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• If we're going to be in the car for a long time, we pack "hand food", as in nothing that requires utensils to prepare or eat. Some choices are pre-cut fruits & veggies, dried fruits, all ready made sandwiches of choice & pre-cut into quarters (easier to eat), homemade muffins or donuts (healthy versions of course!), boneless chicken strips (fried or grilled - whatever you like) that have been seasoned & can be served cold, cheese cubes, lunchmeat roll-ups (spread condiment of choice on slices of lunchmeat, add a slice of cheese & roll up, put in a baggie), etc. For drinks we usually bring a selection of juice boxes/pouches or water bottles, but never soda because, not only is it unhealthy to drink, but it can bubble up and spill over in the car, plus it makes you thirstier, which means more potty stops.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas; most of them are perfect for a road trip. Feel free to contact me and I will be happy to forward the list to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2009