Have you ever sent anything to the Cash4gold people?

I just saw a commercial and I was wondering if anyone actually does that, mail their gold off to a stranger and get money back. How much do you think a person could get for their gold? I wouldn't do it (it's not like I have a ton of gold lying around waiting to make me rich!) but I was just wondering if anyone has done it or if it's a rip off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, and its a rip off. I had a few things that werent of any significant value to me personally but they were real gold. I got a check back....42 cents. What the hell? The stamp costs more than that. I couldnt believe they didnt just send it back to me and say...hey, its of no value. I could have seriously accepted that but to send me a 42 cent check? That like leaving the waitress at the restaurant a penny for a tip. How insulting. No...dont do it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I did it I sent in all kinds of old rings and necklaces that I don't wear any more and I got a check back for $408.00
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• momofsaee, that's what my SO and I were saying! They'll probably send you a check for 5 bucks but 42 cents?! That's crazy...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i wouldnt do it either only cuz what if i dont like the amount they gave me im stuck with it.your better off pawning it at a pawn shop
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i sold my stuff to a local jewelry store. My old Panda coin ring was probably $100 and I got $30 for selling the gold...but I did it at a jewerly store I trusted. They also sold some stuff as consignment and I was surprised how much I have made. None of the jewerly was expensive to start with, just $100 rings from High school. I was thrilled to get them out of my jewerly box and get something for them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No but there's a place that takes gold for cash here and a man went in with a tiny box of really small, old, broken pieces of gold jewelry and came out with a $700 check. I'm not sure if the mail in thing pays the same but they pay a lot at the store here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The only gold jewelry I have is my wedding ring and there is no way I'm giving that away.....LOL.

I was curious about other people's experiences with them, too.
    Sounds like neveragain17 did pretty well!
    momofsaee got ripped off BIG time!

If I had any gold jewelry lying around....you know, with all my diamonds and exotic jewel stones (lol) - I think I'd rather deal with someone face-to-face so I would be able to take the item back if they gave me a crappy price.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• momofsaee I am sorry for your trouble but I have to say I about pee'd my pants laughing! That is really bad, but the way you wrote it was freaking hilarious.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009