How long would you take a 2 year old to an amusement park?

I live close to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. They have two children spots for her with rides and stuff thinking of taking her there on the 4th they have fireworks but i would go when they first open to be sure she can ride the rides with out long line would an all day thing be too long

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 11:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had a similar experience with my two year old. Was at the park from 11-7, no nap-and she did fine (our one year old was fine, too) .there was so much stimulation and things to do it kept her awake, she didn't want to rest..though the two year old did need a "down" day the next day (so did I). I had taken them another time, from 10-2, which seemed more manageable, and she didn't need that recovery day afterwards.
    catkins

Answer by catkins at 2:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It depends on her tolerance for that much activity, how rested she is before you go, how likely she is to nap... lots of things.
    I took mine to Disneyland last year just after she turned 2. She loved it. We arrived shortly after the park opened and left about 7pm - stopping to have dinner with some friends on the way out of the park. We weren't in the car headed home until 9. She had no nap during the day (she won't nap unless she is in her bed) and plenty of activity. She did very well though it took her several days to recover.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We're getting ready to take my dd to Kings Island next month for the day but we're not going to make her walk it's kind of an early birthday present she'll be 3 in Spetember! But we are also going to take lots of sun screen and but my dd is used to being out for a long period of time we go to the malls all the time with my parents and I know it'll be ok but I really think it depends on the child and my dd will get to nap the ride there and sleep the ride home
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 4:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2009