Things to do at Disney World??

I'm going to Disney World for the very first time. I have a 1 and 5 year old. What would you suggest while we are there.. things to do.. etc etc etc. I'm really excited to go and I'm afraid we won't be able to do to much

starmoonlight

Asked by starmoonlight at 11:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Travel

• UMMM.... Take ME? LOL j/k Never been there But I hope you have a blast!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I'm really excited. I feel like a kid all over again just knowing that I'm going there. When I was 12, me and my sister visited my grandmother down in Florida and we thought she was going to take us there.. she never did.. i remember how bummed out we were.. but YAY I'm going..
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 11:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Bring a stroller,,for both of them..Because there is a lot of walking to do..And wear some good comfortable shoes. If it is hot bring hats and sunscreen. There is a lot to see and do when you get to the park/s. Just walk around and enjoy.

Answer by louise2 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Probably you'll stay more with Magic Kingdom with these ages, but a few hour visit to Animal Kingdom, too. Be sure to make reservations ahead for places you want to eat. the princess meals are a winner with little girls. For both girls and boys the character meals are fun. Plan on breaks in the heat of the day, swimming where you are staying, perhaps, or naps. Study the disney web site for ideas about what activities are available. And I found http://www.disboards.com/index.php? to be especially helpful.

Answer by Bmat at 11:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• ooooooo i second the take me comment me. Ive never been there either.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 6:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• There are a lot of great parades and shows in all of the parks, the night time shows are great!.I liked the world showcase in Epcot also. There are some rides that are OK to bring an infant that you can carry on your lap. Make sure you are prepared for the hot, humid weather. When we went there last June, it rained a LOT, so make sure you are prepared for that as well. Also make sure you have a stroller that folds really easily b/c you have to fold it to get on the shuttles. We didn't bring one for our 6 yo but ended up buying a cheap one at Walmart while we were there (which is much cheaper than renting them in the parks). Have a great time!
    myrrha68

Answer by myrrha68 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I've been 26 times (with our last trip this past May) if you have any questions message me.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Join the disney groups here on CM..read thru the posts..I'm sure you will get tons of facts and info
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 1:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2009