Do u ever eat dinner w/0 yr DH/SO etc

My husband is always late coming home at night. He doesn't even call what time he is coming home so by 6.30pm I eat alone. I get really hungry by this time. He seem to be coming home 7.30 to 7.45 I got tired of waiting it has been 7 months now that he has been doing this. I enjoy my dinner and my wine instead of waiting. One time we had someone staying with us and he seem puzzled why I started to eat alone. Our guest told me anyway that he will be having dinner with his mates so i didn't wait for him either. I know my hubby is very busy at work lots of problem at work but we end up taking 30min a day mainly hi and goodbye. My hubby mentioned once where is my manner? He said it in a joke way though. I got this guy keep on calling and calling and wanted me to have a meal with him only. Sometimes I am tempted out of loneliness but off course i never ans his call i don't think i will. What would u do? Will u have meal alone too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• All the time.My hubby's schedule is erratic.No big whoop!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I am in a similar situation. My husband comes home any time 6 or later, I never know when, and I find the later I eat the more heartburn I have, besides I don't like to be 9 or later doing dishes. So about 6 I'll put his meal on a microwavable plate, eat, and clean up the dishes. He doesn't mind.

Answer by Bmat at 11:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Thank you Bmat, I wonder if this is common in marriage and how many women are on the same boat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• for the first 7yrs of our marriage.. yep ate alone with the kid(s) all the time. dh coached sports and after sports would grade papers, etc. often times he would not come home until almost 11pm. when he decided to go back into th army, i was all ready for it and not having him around as he was not around much the frist 5 yrs lol. now that he is medically retired, he is home all the time for dinner.

honestly, i would tell your dh how it makes you feel to have to eat alone everyday. talk to your dh about it before you run off and have dinner with another guy. (how would you feel if dh had dinner by himself with another woman?) dinner might lead to other things and then there are more intense problems to work through.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• TMJ doesn't make the marriage lonely? I honestly feel alone in the marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• If you could wait to eat at 8pm that would be great, provided there is no tv or other interruptions. Dinner is a great time to connect at the end of your day. Have cheese and crackers or fruit while you wait.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We're always home together for dinner but he hardly even has an appetite and I could eat all day so we usually never eat at the same time when we're at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You are right ArmyWifeMomo at the same time I was just wondering why I feel really alone. It is not like he has got split shift. He comes home late bec he chose to. We are currently away from the Western world and I am forbidden to work according to my visa where we are. I don't have friends bec they all went back home due to economic recession. I have no one to speak to all day then he comes home late to not to mention he just stares on TV then fall asleep. Then someone offers you a conversation bec we have the same degrees we have something to talk about. I know it is wrong and I don't think i will do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sometimes I do but most of the time I don't. But when I do it doesn't really bother me. As long as I get some of his time during the evening thats all that matters. But if I make dinner thinking he's going to be home to eat it then yes I would be upset. Because usually I go out of my way and make a better meal with more sides to it if I know he'll be eating, or I'll try have it ready when he gets home from work around 4. If he comes in and ate on the way home that makes me mad but thats different from what your talking about.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Everyday...I havent ate a meal with my hubby in almost 5 months.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009