Almost 10 weeks pregnant and wondering if this is normal?!?

Recently I started noticing that I do not urinate as many time as I used to at night. I used to make up several times a night and then all of a sudden it was once if at all at 9 weeks. Also my breasts go in and out of being sore. I really don’t know if those are warning signs of a miscarriage to come or not. My first appointment is tomorrow but they are not going to do a sonogram but instead a pelvic exam, are those accurate and telling me if everything is ok so far? HELP! I have had two miscarriages in the past and I cant relax until I know!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I remember I went through a phase that I was literally waking up every hour to pee at least. Then it slowed down but don't worry... it will pick up again :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• btw warning signs of a misscarriage is more like cramping accompanied by bleeding.
    amy31308

• I know that signs of a miscarriage are bleeding and cramping, but those signs take awhile and the baby has usually died several weeks earlier. Does anyone know the warning sign inbetween??
    arkemp

Answer by arkemp at 11:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't worry. I peed a lot for the first 10 weeks or so, then I was sleeping through the night for about 3 weeks. The afterwards I went right back to getting up every few hours. Also, my boobs hurt on and off during the first trimester. I would only worry if you're experience any kind of cramping or spotting.
    _Jill_

Answer by _Jill_ at 11:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree with others. I had to pee alot in the middle of the night at first and then I was able to sleep through the whole night without having to go. I'm 27 weeks now and still don't usually have to get up in the middle of the night. My breasts were sore until I was around 12 or 13 weeks.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It should just be your body getting used to the pregnancy and the hormone changes. If you are really concerned ask the doc to check for a heartbeat with the doppler. That's all they did for me at my 10 week appt. At this point it should be easy to find but it is still possible to not find it on the doppler depending on your build and where the baby is. Good luck!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The reason for urinating so much in the beginning of pregnancy has to do with the sudden rush of all the new hormones. After your body has acclimated to them, your symptoms will not be as severe. I went through the same thing. As far as worrying about a miscarriage, try not to stress so much.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 6:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Enjoy the lack of peeing now :) I'm 32 weeks and I think I wake up every hour or so to go pee.. I went through a period of time right around the 2nd trimester mark where i didn't pee as much too.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• haha i wish it woulda stopped for me. I peed about 5 times a night almost every night of my pregnancy
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 8:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009