Army Wives at Fort Carson

Hubby MIGHT be getting stationed there and I would like to know what it is like, is the weather nice year round like in southern california? Are the schools good? Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Travel

• I will say one thing.The weather is not like southern California.

Answer by louise2 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• ok how bad are the winters??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It it by mountains.. It gets really cold and it does snows.

Answer by louise2 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I was orn and raised in Colorado. Fort Carson is at the foot of some very beautiful rockies. The air is dry. Yes, it gets cold in winter, and snows, but it doesn't last. It melts between snows. The summers can get hot, but, if you live in a very hot state, like I do with high humidity, the dry air feels really nice. I will say, it cools down at night, and you get relief. If you take a drive up into the mountains, especially in the higher elevations, take a sweater or coat. I miss my mountains!:-) I still have family there, so visit quite often. Good luck in your move!
    dochi

Answer by dochi at 6:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2009