For women with hysterectomies

After you had a hysterectomy, were you still able to get and be pleasured by sex? Is it possible to still have orgasms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Health

• Yes, it is possible. However, I have heard it is harder sometimes for some people. I had an emergency hysterectomy last May and I am still able to have the big O. I will say though that it does take longer now, which is kind of frustrating. I was very worried that sex would be horrible afterwards but it isn't. I am not dealing with problems with the actual act, more with my sex drive. I have been battling my hormones (my ovaries were taken too) since last May and unfortunately my drive has suffered. Hope this helps!
    flounder92

Answer by flounder92 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Thank you for that answer. It does help, as my ovaries are going to be taken as well. My problem is that my sex drive has been suffering for a while now. It just wasn't enjoyable because of the pain I was experiencing.
    I hope thinks get much easier for you..Thanks again..
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009