At what age is it inappropriate for a daughter to be taking showers with her father.

I have a male friend that has a nine year old daughter and they still take showers together. Just curious if anyone thinks this is inappropriate. To me nine years old is a little bit to old to be taking showers with dad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yeah, it is too old and really creepy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• my brother takes showers with his daughter but wears boxers until she gets out. She's three. I think nine is beyond too old and creepy. thats just not right.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Wow, really creepy. I'm almost questioning if someone called on him that cps wouldn't check in on something like that(I didn't say take the kid away). That's just inappropriate and really not necessary.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think thats too old to be showering w/ dad. I think my daughter only showered w/ dad a few times and she was not even a year old.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Lol! I just asked my hubby this question and he said he won't take a shower with our three year old daughter let alone a child of either sex at 9! He said that seems kind of perverted to him.....just a dad's input on the subject.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• 9 IS WAY TOO OLD, SOMETHING NOT QUITE RIGHT ABOUT THAT.

Answer by older at 12:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• So how should I confront him about this?
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah that's not right. My kids normal have started getting curious about the private spots of them & others around 3 years old! That's really sick!
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would say that 9 yrs old is way too old to be showering with a parent. By 3 years old it should be stopping.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• that is really creepy, and maybe illegal. 3 is the oldest.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009