Ok so whats the deal with Potty Training?

My little punk princess AKA Shevelle,is 38 months and loves wearing underwear,and all of a sudden thats all she wants I am happy about that but there are times when she will be eating or playing and just go pee..not move or try and do anything.I evan found my little skyler playn in a puddle of it in the playroom.That sucked.And we had our first bedtime wetting last nite,No bed cover..That also sucks. What do you guys use on trips errands bedtime ect...?

gnuin8fan

Asked by gnuin8fan at 12:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It happens. When Alexis was first being potty trained she would be playing or get excited and pee herself. If you are worried about it you can get some pull ups. Or Gerber makes these cotton panties that have a kinda thick absorbent lining in them that do ok with small accidents. They are washable too. Alexis is 3.5 now and still will have the occasional accident, but that only happens when she is in the bathroom and can't get her bottoms down fast enough. My suggestion is when she is playing just keep asking her if she needs to go.
    colieshea

Answer by colieshea at 2:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• For bedtime I stil used pull-ups. Nighttime training takes the longest and it was well worth it to me to not have to change sheets. The rest of the time, just keep reminding her to use the potty and take her in to sit on the potty every 30 minutes or so until she starts telling you that she has to go. But don't put her in pull-ups in the daytime.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• for bedtime u need to find what works for u pull ups(with panties over for my sam)but as for accidents it happens just let her know that she needs to come tell mommy when she has an accident so u can clean her up and that she isnt in trouble encourage dont discourage and good luck hun
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 3:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• for trips..always make sure she tries to go potty BEFORE you leave...then once you get to the store or wherever you are going...make her try again....and just keep asking every 30 minutes or so...we potty trained early b/c DD would get rashes from the diapers/pull-ups...she was potty trained by 18 months....nighttime took a little longer by 20-22 months nighttime was pretty much accident free...occasionally she will still have an accident at night..but they are far and few between....you could get the nighttime pull-ups..they are more absorbent than the regular pull-ups...also put a potty next to her bed..so if she has to go she can get up and get on the potty....good luck...
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009