How can I stop my 7 yo daughter from being so bossy to her friends?

My daughter has always been a type A personality. She's the leader of every group and always wants to be in charge. She needs to be in control of every situation. Lately I have been almost embarassed for her to have playmates come over because of her extremely bossy additude. They have to play her games her way.. she goes first.. they sing her songs the way she wants to sing them.. they clean up their messes with her supervising. It's over the top and I don't know how to deal with it. I intervene with I hear her, but it is constant and won't change. What do I do?

Carrielou13

Asked by Carrielou13 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You can try doing some roleplaying with her, but really, this is something that she has to work out with her friends; if they really didn't like the way she behaved, then they would stop spending time with her.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i believe i showing my kids how it feels let her know its not ok and take a day where where has to do EVERYTHING ur way be over the top u tell her when and what to play how to play it dont make her miserable but show her it can be fun to do it other peoples way sometimes maybe she will give up control a little bit my oldest daughter has the bossy bug but she outgrew it kinda hard to be the boss when we have 7 kids someone will always challenege thier authority lol
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• some kids are just leaders & some followers. i just try to make sure my daughter isnt rude while she has friends over. she always been alittle bossy at times.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2009