how soon till i can find out the sex?

i am 16 weeks and have been getting more appointments and ultrasounds because when i was 6 weeks i was labeled "high risk" due to bleeding but everything is fine now, i have an appointment tomarrow and i just want to know when they can see on the ultrasound clearly enough to make a gender call, i wanna know SO BAD!!! lol

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They usually cant tell till you are about 20 wks. But my friend was able to find out when she was about 15 wks. So it depends. You can ask them to check and see if they can tell yet =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• 20 weeks I think it is so you got a little longer to wait I think.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• not even close at 6 weeks sorry. I had a 6 week ultrasound and all you could see was like a little bean lol. you'll have to wait until your about 16 weeks.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• read more carefully amy31308 IAM 16 weeks i was talking about something that happened back when i was 6 weeks.
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• wow PP, if you read the question...she IS SIXTEEN weeks not SIX. i hate it when people don't read the question before they answer. and OP they will probably have you wait til your next appt to find out the sex. I was in the same situation as you and thought they might tell me sooner but they made me wait til the next appt.
    Anonymous

• wow anon why dont you quit being a wench and realize people make mistakes. my goodness. yeah, hide behind the anon button.
    well i still answered the question did I not? I said you wouldn't be able to tell until your around 16 weeks- as long as you got the answer.

Why do people have to be rude? So what if I didn't read the entire question thoroughly.. I wasn't rude AT ALL and the question still got answered.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• lol amy, if you think i was being rude by what I said to you....you are a little too sensitive. get over it sweetie. and i ALWAYS post anonymously and I'm only "rude" when people say something stupid. :D have a good day.

and before you get the chance to be a smart...butt about it, i don't post anonymously so i can be a "wench" i post anonymously because I don't want everyone and their sister viewing my profile, and yes i realize i can set it to private.

i'll one up you every time so don't bother replying. and take some literacy classes.
    Anonymous

• I found out at 12 weeks, but there was NO doubting they were boys!! LOL

There's a chance they can tell, but don't paint the room just yet!

There can still be mistakes with ultrasounds. You won't have a 100% guess until the baby is out! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• They wouldn't even give me a guess until I was 21 weeks :( I had an ultrasound at 16 weeks because I was looking risky for miscarriage and I asked if they could tell and they said "Yes, but at this stage we could easily make a mistake," I begged them to tell me and they wouldn't! So I had to wait lol it was horrible. Longest part of the pregnancy so far.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No I just hate bitchy women on this site, who don't make sense in their responses, and grows balls on the internet.

Good job! Now enjoy the rest of your day anon.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2009