Bottle Feeding Mommies...

My daughter is 8 months old and she just recently started to wake up many times at night...so i feed her. Bad mistake...now she really wakes up to eat alot...how do I stop this??? Its my fault she is waking up bc I feed her...Im a 1st time mom and I didnt know any better...any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's eating, she's hungry. How is that your fault? You'd rather her not eat when hungry? It's not like you're forcing her to eat.

About the only thing you can do is try to up her caloric intake during the day and that might help her get through the night.
    Anonymous

• hmmm... Start using more water instead of all formula so she isn't as interested. Where does she sleep? At 7 months I started putting mine in her own room (I had her in mine) because she woke up alot. I would maybe to the water and I did the CIO method. Mine woke up a couple times and would cry for maybe 2 min and pass out. Now she doesn't wake up at all.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We've been feeding my 10 month old oatmeal for the past 4 months before bed. He'll usually eat 6oz of formula and then a half hour later he'll eat oatmeal mixed with another 4-6 oz of formula. He sleeps 12 hours and always has. Maybe getting him filled right up before bedtime he might sleep through?

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Lauren, why do you assume she's feeding formula? Where does the original poster say that?
    Anonymous

• I doubt it's your fault. It could be a growth spurt. If baby is hungry, baby should eat though. Encourge her to eat more during the day and offer table foods/mushy to increase the calories to help fill baby up. Otherwise, it's probably just a spurt and will slow down again soon.
    Anonymous

• anon 1:41.........why do assume she isnt! that had nothing to do with the post. she was just suggesting what she did with her child anyway...........the post asked for suggestions. Is she eatting solids yet? If not, you may want to try that. The liquids (whether it be bm or f) may just not be enough to satisfy her anymore. This could be one of the many signs that she's ready to move onto something new....along with her milk.
    Anonymous

• If she wakes up hungry then you SHOULD feed her!
    Anonymous