What kinds of food did you or do you plan on having at your baby shower?

My sister is stressing about what to make for my baby shower. She wants to do some kind of lunch and she loves to cook, so she doesn't want to do something boring. Any ideas you guys have would be great. Thanks.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• we ordered pizza and bought a cake
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Italian, mmmmm ziti, garlic bread maybe some meatballs salad. Its cheap easy and most can best made the night before and re heated
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My stepmom and step-cousins hosted my shower. My stepmom made a ham and then sliced it and had rolls for sandwiches. My cousin had meatballs and sauce in a crock pot for meatball subs. Then my cousin's mom made veggie trays, fruit trays, brought some homemade dill pickles, homemade canned beets. There were a few other people that brought foods, too, so it was a little bit of pot luck. One aunt brought lasagna, one brought scalloped potatoes, and my grandma brought something but I can't remember what it was. We also had chips. There were two cakes - one was vanilla and one was chocolate. I would have been fine with just chocolate but my stepmom told my cousin that my dad's side only likes vanilla so she made both types. There was punch that was Hawaiian Punch, Ginger Ale (I think), and sherbert ice cream. And then just regular sodas and water.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My mom is throwing my shower, she is having little bite sized sandwiches and some of those "edible arrangement things" as like a little snack. she's going to have cheese and crackers and veggies and dip too. nothing big.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• we had mini subs and finger foods, it was really good. at my friends shower they had all kinds of pasta salad, mostacholli (sp?), and veggies and stuff like that.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 4:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I threw a shower for my sister and the biggest hit was the mini cheesecakes. They were bite size and very yummy!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009