If you go to school, would it be helpful if there was a Parent's Club on campus?

I'm thinking about starting a Parent's Club at my university. There's a pregnancy club, likely to help people with going through with an abortion. Sigh. But I'm thinking about starting a Parent's club because I think it would be helpful to have a support group of students who are committed to parenting and school. What do you think? Would this help you if you were a student? Why?

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 12:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• When I was a full-time student, I never even thought of joining any clubs. When I wasn't in class, I was home with my kids. For me, it wouldn't make a difference if it was a club about parenting and school. I still would not have joined, as that would have just been one more hour or so a week that I would have to spend away from my kids. Now if you were thinking about starting a parenting club where the kids were welcome to come, and perhaps the other students could help out with watching the kids during class times, that might be another story. The one thing I didn't like about my University is there was no onsite child care. That would have made it so much easier.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Nope. No time.
    Anonymous

• Not really, I don't have the extra time to join clubs. When I am done with class, I go home to my son or to work.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2009