Songs

What are some calming songs you like to listen? I'm trying to youtube songs that will overpower this crap they are playing on the radio at work. I like pretty much anything...rock, soft rock, alternative, country, jazz, r&b, I like rap sometimes but that's whats on the radio right now and its driving me nuts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol, hmm.. I have 2 really good calming ideas, though I don't know if they fit in your categories. But maybe if you go on Pandora.com and set up a Norah Jones, Elizabeth Mitchell and/or Bobby McFerrin radio station you'll be set. I love all of those. Ah, there's an album called "Alone in IZ World" which is beautiful laid back hawaiin style music that I've been digging on lately.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• There were two CDs that I listened to to go to bed and while I was in labor. One of them was Enya and another was a lullaby CD for babies that was all instrumental hymns. I also like Eva Cassidy as well, she has a lot of smooth calming songs, and I had a nature CD too that is my husband's favorite that has mostly thunder and ocean sounds. I don't know if they will overpoer whats on the radio though.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• If you like "classic" rock/country try some old Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Three Dog Night, stuff. It will pretty much drown out the radio without driving you crazy. Old, comforting songs with an upbeat.
    Anonymous

• Enya is relaxing, so is Sarah McLaughlin. When I am feeling really frazzled, I turn on Sirius Satelite Radio and listen to the spa channel or the coffee house channel...if I am really nuts then I listen to classical.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I love Conjure One.  Their music has a good rhythmic beat and haunting lyrics and is very sensual.

Some tracks to check out are Face the Music, Tears from the Moon, Make a Wish, Endless Dream, and Sleep.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009