my son who is 4 is pooping in his pants!

My son has been potty trained for about 2 months now! He was hard to potty train but one day out of the blue there was no looking back! Now, for the past 3 days at least twice a day he is pooping in his pants! What do i do? I am confused, frustrated,upset....PLEASE HELP!!!!!

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 12:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he doing it while he is doing something else? Like playing, watching tv? If he is it is most likely just him not wanting to stop what ever he is doing. Make him clean it up himself (with you supervising of course.) and just watch him close so you can catch him! Good luck! My son did it too at that age.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• First chill. I know it is a pain but believe me the more big deal you make the more he will do it. This believe it or not is very common. First rule out major changes. You didn't move, take a binky away, have a new baby etc. It there has been no major changes in his world this is what I would do. Never yell, scold or punish. Calmly take him to the bathroom with a bag, a change of clothes and the wipes. Guide him verbally but make sure he knows when he poops HE will be the one cleaning himself up. He will not take long to learn he does not like that job. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2009