what is the earliest you heard your baby's heartbeat? I didn't hear either one of my child's till I was 12-13 weeks. With my second the dr. tried at 10 weeks, but couldn't get it, but I have a "friend" that says that she heard her baby's heartbeat at 7 weeks. is that possible?

Asked by smltwnmom at 12:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• only on an ultrasound

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I heard mine at 8 weeks. They said usually the earliest you can hear it is 6 weeks.

Answer by moviemom22 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I didn't hear mine til 12 weeks I think...

Answer by Lauren24 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks, and I only got to see the heartbeat because he said the beating would be too faint that early, so I didnt get to hear mines until i was around 10-12 weeks can't remember which one.

Answer by dorkish_face at 1:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Usually 10 weeks but it is possible to here it that early!

Answer by SD777 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i heard my babys heartbeat when i was only 6 weeks with even freaked the docs out to hear it that early.they thought i was futhur along but determined i was only 6 weeks through an ultrasound.but after that they didnt pick it back up til i was like 13 yeah it is possible but it rarely happens

Answer by brittoh at 1:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks ultrasound and if I remember I heard it too. My doctor seemed to think if you are very lean its easier to hear as there is not much packing on the belly to sheild it.

• i heard mine yesterday at 9 weeks, 1 day through the transvaginal ultrasound. it was so amazing to hear it for the first time!

Answer by kylismomma at 8:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2009