Tarot Card users....How do you....

How do you believe that the cards work? Are you tapping into something supernatural or divine or not? Or are the cards just a reflection of your own thoughts deciphered? How do you use the cards: to tell the future or to vet ideas and options?

And because those who have cards love to share and good naturally brag...What deck do you have? Anything you love / hate about it? Got a good tale to tell?

isabellalecour

Asked by isabellalecour at 1:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• All good responces. Question is now closed. Thank you for participating.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Well, first of all, i have Tarot cards and i Love to use them, but no one here would know that until now because i've never spoken of it before. ...so you can stop assuming that people brag about it.

Second, I (and i believe most Pagans) dont believe in the "supernatural". Our Gods ARE natural. And everything we do is "divine". I dont see anything seperate from living my daily life, practicing magick or devonation, and celebration of the divine. It's all connected. So yes, i suppose that Tarot card readings do "tap" into the divine, because all day long that's what i do. I just do it with more effort when my tarot cards are out. But it is also a interpretation of our own thoughts. We all have different experiences so each card is going to mean something different to one witch then it will to another.
    Using cards to "tell the future" is not a very accurate discription of what they are for. ...cont.
    Anonymous

• It's not so much a "telling of the future" as it is a telling of ONE of the POSSIBLE interpretations of what could happen in the future. But once you know what could happen in the future many end up changing it. either intentional or non intentional.
    I have two decks. I started out using The Goddess Tarot deck by Kris Waldherr. It's a good deck but i dont use it much any more.
    The Mythic Tarot is my other deck and i LOVE it. made by Juliet Sharman-Burke and Liz Greene.
    It has helped me put some things into perspective while reading on what might happen in a few legal court cases we are dealing with.
    so far, i have chosen not to use tarot card readings on others. This is partly because no one has asked me (most ppl dont know i have cards) and partly because i will not feel comfortable doing a reading on others until i understand as much as i can about my deck.

and i dont know why my first answer is anon. sorry.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• For me, the cards themselves aren't anything divine or supernatural, they're just cards. That being said, I do think that God guides me to the cards I need to see, and gives me the gift to interpret their meaning to my situation.

I have a Universal Tarot deck and a Raider-Waite set, I would love to have the Angel set, the Halloween set, and the Master Tarot.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• they are tools which help to allow the energy and spirits around us to communicate in an easier manner
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• They are tools which we use to focus our natural psychic ability to possible paths of the future dependent on our actions at this time (and others actions). Sometimes what we see IS set in stone. But not because fate is predetermined but bc we have made a choice which set actions in motion and these consequences of our choices can no longer be reversed. All things pick up and give off energy which is why some decks work better with you than others. (Just like some ppl work together better than others.) I read for a living, so I have a crap ton of decks, but my favorite three are, Mermaid deck, fairy deck and herbal deck. Each reads a little differently. I also like the Goddess oracle cards , and I have a 1940s original gypsy card reading deck which is completely intact and that too is pretty cool (and also accurate).
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i don't us my cards as a way to tell the future i will use mine as a way to help me make of feel better about a decision. i also use my rune stones. And i have a shapeshifter deck. i love it
    mbaker331

Answer by mbaker331 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Most of the time, I think the cards are simply a way to reflect on what you already know of your life and analyze it from a slilghtly different perspective.

However, there have been times where I have seen things come up in the cards that came to pass later - that I had NO way of knowing about the person I was reading. On those occasions, I have felt something more powerful (and beneficial) than myself take hold and kind of give me a mental "thump" to point out these things.

I use the Goddess deck by Kris Waldherr also. They were a gift from a friend and my readings have been frighteningly accurate since then. I used them to predict the birth of my best friend's daughter - as well as her name, nickname and appearance - over a year before her birth!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I use them for guidance, insight, and that sort of thing. I see them as a tool. I respect them, just as I respect my other tools, for assisting me. I do not see them as supernatural or divine, but as a sort of "translator" for the divine and the like. I believe that the cards are tuned into our energy and because of that they can help us see situations more clearly, based on what we already know/feel somewhere inside ourselves.

I have a Gilded tarot deck and the Osho Zen Tarot kit, but there are others I have been looking at. My husband has the Revelation set and I would love to get my hands on one like that (it's made for reversals and it's really cool!). I love my Gilded, but the Osho Zen is still a new concept for me, since the cards aren't the same as those in a traditional deck.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009