How do I adjust w/o sleep?!

I love working, don't get me wrong but these rotate shifts are killing me. I work 5 days in a row until midnight and my son gets up early. Then I have a day off then three more days of work. One of those days I work form 4:30 PM til 11:30 PM then I have to go in at 7:00 AM. To top it off, I have my sister's wedding to go to after all of this. My question is, should I casually(meaning not trying too hard but hoping I get noticed) apply for a job that has regular daytime hours or stick with this job? It's only getting worse b/c the job is closing and relocating to almost a different town. I'm already worn out from all the driving I have to do. I'm soooo stuck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It sounds as though you should be looking for a job with better hours and less of a commute. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 1:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would start looking for another job. Thats to much when you have kids and the hours are just crazy there is no way. Good luck.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Ugh. Swing shift! My ex works like that & idk how! I never know when its ok 2 call (so I dnt wake him) to find out about his visitation w/our dd. Anyway, I could never do those hours w/or w/out kids! I'd def start looking for something else! GL to you!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 2:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Nap when you can
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2009