What do you think about the Israeli Gov. arresting and detaining former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney?

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=99532§ionid=351020202

I met Ms. McKinney serveral times from 2001 to 2005 while I was working for a local immigration attorney. The two of them were friends. She is a very wise and caring woman.

McKinney traveled and gave speeches, and served as a Commissioner in The Citizens' Commission on 9-11. On October 26, 2004, she was among 100 prominent Americans and 40 family members of those who were killed on 9/11 who signed the 9/11 Truth Movement statement, calling for new investigations of what they perceived as unexplained aspects of the 9/11 events. McKinney was re-elected to the House in November 2004, following her successor's run for Senate. In Congress, she advocated unsealing records pertaining to the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., and continued to criticize the Bush Administration over the 9/11 attacks.

Msaural

Asked by Msaural at 1:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Israeli concentration camps...... The once victims of a terrible aggressor, now the aggressors themselves. I find it APPALLING that people STILL choose to believe Israel. Israel only cares for Israel, and we are the ONLY fools in the world to blindly support them, in the face of such disgusting atrocities being committed by them!!
    I hope someone wakes up in America and sees what is going on....poor McKinney, but given our staunch support of Israel, I bet she and her crew would be forced to turn around, thus leaving those in the concentration camps to starve and die!
    Anonymous

• Apparently they arrested her and are holding her and Washington has yet to say anything to Israel about releasing her! She and others were on a humanitarian excursion to help people in Gaza. I agree, I'm so sick of Israel getting away with inhumane treatment of the Palestinian people. For people who were so oppressed and mistreated, how quickly they forget their history. You would think they would be the most caring people, but they are land-grabbing, money sucking, warmongers. I am not talking about the native Jews, I'm talking about all the others who are gladly taking the zionist handouts and relying on their religious right to the region who are people so far removed from the Holocaust yet still claim they were harmed. The U.S. has been supporting Israel financially and with weapons of their choice for far too long.
    Anonymous

• Not much, no big loss here. I'm sure she will be released soon enough and be back in the US to haunt us with her green crap.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I hope they fond some reason to keep her and her gigantic mouth over there.

Don't send her back!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Keep her! We don't need her.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• couldn't happen to a nicer lady...
    Anonymous

• If only they would detain and keep Pelosi, Frank and Franken the US would be a better place. Sorry my family is from Israel and unless you are from there you have no clue. Israel is trying to simply exist. If they ever let up Iran and others that hate them will wipe them off the map.
    Anonymous

• She is a loud mouthed idiot and I hope they keep her.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think its b.s and and I hope there is an investigation by the US and the UN into why a ship carrying AID was taken in.

Its funny to see the usual suspects make their worthless hypocritical comments on here. When you know they'd be throwing a hissy fit if the Palestinian government took over a ship taking aid and supplies to Israel. GMAB.
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Its funny to see the usual suspects make their worthless hypocritical comments on here.

POT, MEET KETTLE!!! LOL!

Anonymous