Breastfeeding

I'm seriously wondering about my body right now. My son just turned 6 months old. I know, I haven't been on here in forever, lol. Anyway, I just got my period last month for the first time, and it was a super flow because of the backed up lining, but when my baby was just a month old, I stopped producing milk. But, all of a sudden, I'm leaking again. I'm not pregnant, I'm on my period right now, and I'm not on birth control. Would it be okay to take advantage of the milk and breastfeed my son?

KingLandon

Asked by KingLandon at 1:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say go for it. No reason not to. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Go for it, if he'll take it.
    Anonymous

• sure why not
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• hey its his milk why not take advantage of it... lol... it aint gona hurt anything.... breastmilk is free formula is expensive... besides breast is best! go for it!
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• bring your supply up first and understand he might not go back to the breast, but if you want you can pump and feed him that way, it's the same milk whether it comes from your boobs or a bottle
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i would try! mine slowed down alot and i started my period and mine started coming in like when i first started BF
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Go for it! Sounds like a wonderful second chance!!!
    Anonymous

• if you need help latching on, call a lactation expert.
    catkins

Answer by catkins at 2:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sure why not! It's not like it will hurt him or anything. If you truly want to relactate then check out the links at www.kellymom.com on relactation and get yourself a supplemental nursing system.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I'd give it a shot. It might take some work, but it's worth it. Contact your local La Leche League for support and help. I think it's a great choice.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2009