Which do you think is worse? (Sort of related to Michael Jackson, sort of)

Okay, yesterday I asked a question about MJ and his father's abuse and how I thought it was strange that MJ wanted his kids to live with his mom after all of the abuse he endured? Why would he want to put his kids in the same boat?

So anyway.......... which do you think is worse:

1. A father who abused/molests his kids for years and years

OR

2. A mother who clearly, definitely knows about the abuse / molestation for years and years and never leaves, gets help, rescues her child or reports it. She does not abuse children directly, but she sees the abuse happening and never leaves or tries to get it to end.

I think they are both equally as bad.

However, I have much,much more ANGER towards #2. It makes me LIVID that a mother would know what her child is enduring and never try to rescue him/her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• His mother and father don't live together, I believe they are seperated or divorced. I don't know the situation becaus ei don't care but I'm more concerned with her age and being able to care for these kids than what she did or didn't do in the past.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• In general - I consider both parents equally guilty. In MJ's specific case - don't know, don't care, but from what I heard on our local news (seriously?? 20% unemployment isn't more important??) the kids aren't even his so who knows if she'll really get them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't know about the abuse for sure, but his mother has to be elderly and unable to properly raise/protect chidren and they should be placed in the care of someone who will know how to manage the children of a celebrity of his magnitute and have some kind of oversight on who controls their money so they aren't ripped off and/or exploited.
    Anonymous

• His kids he can decide. Since she is not with his father right now I don't see the big deal. They are still married and that could change putting the children at risk. If Michael was the pedophile so many claimed he was the kids were already at risk and are simply going from bad to bad. I do think a mom who stands by and watches her kids be abused is as bad if not worse than the abuser. I don't speak to my mom. She watched my dad beat me until I was so black and blue and I would finally pass out. She knew he was raping me night after night. My dad went to jail and she got to keep custody. I requested to live with my fathers sister. I hated my mom and thought she should have been in jail with him. She allowed him to rape and beat his kids so he would stop beating and raping her. I feel for MJ's kids they are in a tough spot no matter what.
    Anonymous