Why is it...

That i have a wonderful son and yet i feel so depressed. Even looking at how amazing he is and how much he means to me it still dosnt make me smile....Am i a bad mom for feeling this way. He will be a month old on the 4th

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are not a bad mom. A bad mom wouldn't even care. YOU are searching for an answer and wondering what is wrong. That makes you a GOOD mom.

Just like kittyhasclaws, I suspect you have PPD. I've been there and it is an awful feeling. Talk to your doctor - either your OB/GYN or your general physician. Either one can get you help. This is not your fault - it's a simple chemical imbalance in your brain, something beyond your control, just like having brown eyes or freckles. You may be fine with some counseling, you may need medication. But you won't get better without help. Please go. You deserve it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It's called post-partum depression. Go get help. You're not a bad mom, you have a chemical imbalance in your head that a lot of moms get. Go get help.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• ur not a bad mom it happens and u need to talk to ur doctor about this. is it ur first? i was the same way for the first 2 months then it got better
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You are not a bad momma. I went through this as well. It can be just your hormones right now. Give it time and it will get better I promise. If you think you need to talk to a dr about it, plz do. Some women go through post partum depression. I am sure thats what I had but after a while things were normal so I didnt worry about going to the dr. I hope everything gets better for you soon. And know that everything gets so much easier the older they get. ;) My son is just now 6 months old and its so much easier than when he was a month and 2 months old
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009