Are you upset that Farrah Fawcett was over-shadowed by Michael Jackson?

In all honesty, yes I am pretty upset that Farrah Fawcett was "side lined". She suffered for YEARS.

True, Michael's death was sudden and tragic. But Farrah's was tragic, at the very least. The only difference, was it was expected.

pr0udm0m_0f_3

Asked by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No I am not and I will tell you why. When my sister died, there was SO many people, so much going on, it was just overwhelming, and we're not even famous! If I was in her family's shoes, I can't say I would be HAPPY (because the loss of any life is sad) but it would make things easier, more private and intimate if there was something else going on to "over shadow" our loved one's death. MJ was just a bigger name in history, and was a MUCH bigger entertainer, and much more controversial. That is why he gets all the attention, and she does not. Take it from some one who's lost some one so close to them, who was a big name in our community when she died, it would have been easier if we didn't have so many eyes on us, so much attention.
    21noahsmama21

Answer by 21noahsmama21 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't know if I would say I'm upset. However, I do think her death did not receive nearly as much attention as MJ's. But look at it this way, you know how the family's of celeb who have passes issue statments how they appreciate the support shown by fans and such at this time but how they really want time to be able to burry and morn the loss of they loved ones without the interference of the media? Perhaps this time around they may actually get that. Personally, I would be over the moon if I were related to Farrah that some how they've been given this time to come to grips with things out of the media spotlight.

Also while Farrah was well known and loved here in the states and perhaps other places because of MJ's music he's has fans world wide that hung onto everything that man did in life and now in death. You really can't really compare the two in my opinion.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I'm upset that all these questions keep ending up in the Politics section instead of the Entertainment section where celebrity discussions belong!

Anonymous

• I'm not. And I doubt the family is either. They are probably very glad to be "missing out" on cameras being shoved in their faces, intrusive questions, and all the other junk famous people have to put up with to sate our appetites for "news".  From the interviews I've seen from before she died, I bet she is very happy that her family is being left in peace and that she is too.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Hey ANON 2:38 you have a right to be upset about these questions being here but you know what you could just not open them and move onto a question you are interested in and sharing your viewpoints with those who are responding to that particular question.

The questions will eventually die down after he's been burried but until then just SKIP IT! easy peasy
    Anonymous

• Shoot! I'm SO sorry Anon...I did not hit the right button. I had better correct it quickly.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sorry. It's been locked for editing. My bad...I will try better next time to please the masses.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You know you all can be as touchy about it as you like - however the catagories were created for a reason - and yes I could skip past; it but when there are SO many every day - it gets a little freaking old - and she asked if people were upset; soooo
    Anonymous

• Don't hold your breath in regards to pleasing the masses here on CM Proudmom or not at least the ones here on P&CE! You'll die for sure!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It really doesn't bother me. I'm betting they've had about the same amount of coverage only Farrah's was spread out over her whole fight but Jacko's came all at once because his death was sudden.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2009