What is the grossest thing you have ever eaten?

I am watching a show right now where people are eating live octopi (spelling), rotten shark, grilled tarantulas, and some other very sick things. My grandmother loved pickled pigs feet. When I was probably about 5 she gave a piece of something to eat. I bit it and it was pretty nasty; then she told me what it was. I think I threw up. When I was 16 one of my friends dads slaughtered these 2 pigs. I didn't see him do that, that is not something I could watch. But he made sausage and it was good. He was about to give me something else to try when my friend screamed " no don't eat that." It was pig balls. Soooo glad didn't eat that 1. So what is the nastiest thing you have ecer eaten?

TeriMelisa

Asked by TeriMelisa at 2:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG! What SHOW were you watching! 

My ex-boyfriend YEARS ago had lost his sense of smell AND taste for most things. He did not know that the lunch meat had expired. I snatched that up and said," OMG, I forgot that when I cleaned the fridge.....let me make you a fresh one!" I about gagged!

I tried muscles years ago and I did not care for them. I could never EVER try anything too funky.

I think I saw a part of Amazing Race and the couple whom won, ate fried STARFISH, Scorpions off the grill and some type of slug looking thing or something. I needed a bucket right then and there! I have had a weak stomach since my sons birth for some reason.

Even if it were for a million dollars............I don't think I could eat anything odd unless I could chase it down with something or drown it with something first, like a BBQ sauce.....*Gags thinking about it*

carolinablues50

Answer by carolinablues50 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I couldn't stand escargot. My mom loves it, my dad loves it, my brother loves... I almost vomitted all over the table.

However, I do enjoy Rocky Mountain oysters.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Two weeks ago I was at my mother's for lunch and she made me a sandwich from cold cuts. I kept thinking that there was an off taste, but I thought maybe it was the kind of bread. Just out of curiosity, when I was done I checked the meat package and it had expired about 10 days before! * gag * Luckily I didn't get sick, but now if I notice something tasting or smelling odd there I am going to check to make sure it is OK.

Answer by Bmat at 2:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It was a show I recorded last night, sorry? I think the most distrbing thing I have ever seen people eat was on this show people were eating snake. But the gross part was there was a guy who while they were still alive would use somekind of tool to peel all their skin off. Then they showed all these ALIVE snakes with no skin squirming around this bucket it was beyond sick.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 3:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Tongue taco.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I've eatten live octopus, it's really good. Shark - fresh tho! Just about any kind of sushi!
    Um calf and lamb fries are good! cow and sheep balls, lol.

I'll try just about anything once, but that's also how I was raised. If we were at a friend's house or anywhere and were served something we either didn't like or never tried we were required to eat at least one bite! That's how I found out I now like asparagus when I hated it when I was younger and how I know I like so many types of foods. Also my parents introduced me to a wide range of foods when I was younger and would try new things theirselves so it took away alot of my pre-conception of Gross foods. I can't call it gross unless I try it! lol
    But I won't eat it if it's past experation date or not fresh b/c then that presents a health risk.
    SouthernRoses

Answer by SouthernRoses at 5:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2009