2nd baby shower question

I am due with my second DD in Oct. my aunt offered to throw a shower for me again (she did my 1st one when I was pregnant with my 1st DD) I said sure why not. The more I think about it the more I am wondering if I really should . We have ALOT of gear the only thing I would like to replace is our swing which was used and junky in the 1st place and a bouncer since my 1st DD broke it when she was 6 m old from using so much ! We have everything else for baby gear . As for clothes I have TONS of clothes BUT my 1st DD was in 3 m clothes if not bigger from birth so if this baby is smaller than her sister then we will need smaller clothes , also we have season differences one born in dead of winter one born mid fall .
I have had 3 miscarriages so this baby is truley a miracle so I also feel that having a shower would be celebrating the life I am bringing into the world like any other shower but alittle more special . Go for it ??

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 3:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would if your family and friends did not want to do this for you than would not do it. I have three girls and It is always nice to get some new things for the new baby. You could make it a special shower. Like everone bring a gift that they liked most when they had there kids. or bring a gift that starts with the first letter of there name. You could make it different if you dont want just a traditional shower
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• im having a baby shower for my second even though my first is only 15 months old. i think every baby is special and deserves to be celebrated! we just made this one a 'sprinkle' and made it like an open house bbq so that even the guys could come and celebrate with us and it would be wayy more casual. i went on target and registered for what few things we do need but whenever anyone asks me what we need i say oh nothing really, that if they wanted to look we registered on target but that we arent expecting anything at all, just their company! i say go for it! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Maybe a baby celebration instead of a baby shower?maybe on the invites she could put please no gifts for baby...make a donation to a cause that means something to you in place of a gift?just do a pot luck get together with tons of food?i'm sure you could do something that is fun and tasteful! have fun! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I say make it a celebration, instead of a shower. Register at a couple places for a few things just in case. Some people do like to give gifts. (I do!) But at least people wont see it as a requirment.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You could register for those couple of gear items that you need and then all the essentials - diapers, baby wash, wipes, etc.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a second baby shower. You may not need as much stuff as the first time around, but I'm sure there are a few things you could use - as you've already stated. Plus it's not just about the presents but celebrating a new life and giving support to the mom.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I've had 5 kids and just made a small list of things that I really needed when my family threw me a shower. my first child passed away @ 6 days old, so I kept alot of her things then had my 2nd child and she wore most, but a few things I specifically bought for Morgan, and so I placed them on a small non expensive list. They were all wonderful loving showers and I only got the things I honesly needed, just important things..I would go for it, a new baby means new beginnings :>) good luck....
    plentyokids

Answer by plentyokids at 4:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would sit back and enjoy if if i were you.. no one offered or even mentioned the words baby shower with my first pregnancy or this one.. it's kinda sad i wish someone would want to throw me one.. but go for it ...
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2009